52137 Distressed Vintage Turkish Sivas Rug with Industrial Tribal Folk Art Style. This hand-knotted wool distressed vintage Turkish Sivas rug features vertical alternating columns composed of ancient Anatolian symbols. This distressed Turkish rug displays symbols of Burdock, Bereket, Hook, Ram's Horn, and Elibelinde. The symbols represent marriage (Hook), fertility (Bereket), and abundance (Burdock). The Classic Elibelinde motif, also known as the “hands on hips” or goddess motif, is thought to represent motherhood and fertility while ram’s horns represent masculinity and power. The fertility bereket motifs that appear combine the symbols of both man and woman, often referred to as ram’s Horn and hands-on-hips motifs, into one design with a diamond in the centre. Blending Primitive charm, ancient symbolism and Folk Art warmth, this vintage Sivas rug reflects generations of cultural beliefs and serves many design purposes. Perfect for a living room, bedroom, home office, private library, den, mudroom, study, man cave, lounge or hotel lobby. Well-suited for a wide range of interior styles: Tribal, Industrial, Navajo, Southwestern, Art Deco, Nomadic, Primitive, Post-modern, Cubism, Folk Art, Eclectic, Modern, Mid-Century Modern, Contemporary, Cabin, Rustic, and Lodge. Rendered in muted hues and variegated shades of sand, beige, gray, slate, oyster gray, rust, rose, verdigris, taupe, and coffee with other accent colors. Distressed. Desirable Age Wear. Abrash. Hand-knotted wool. Hand-knotted cotton. Made in Turkey. Abrash. Distressed. Urban Loft Style. Measures: 06'08 x 09'03.
7 x 9 Vintage Sivas Rug 52137
- Size: 06'08 x 09'03
- Colors: Beige, Green, Red, Black
- Stock Number: 52137
Returns for Online Sales
- You must return an item in the same condition as it was received including original tags.
- Return freight and insurance are the responsibility of the customer.
- Returns for refund (excluding shipping and handling charges) or exchange are accepted within:
- 10 days of delivery for non-promotional sales
- 3 days of delivery for promotional sales
- Rug pads are not eligible for refund.
- If you are returning your rug from outside the US, you may be responsible for taxes and duties upon arrival in the US and to our warehouse. We are unable to estimate how much this might be, as prices will vary by country.
3'1" x 5'6" Vintage Moroccan Rug
- Size: 3'1" x 5'6"
- Colors: Pink, Red
- Stock Number: 74783
- Vintage Berber Moroccan Boujad Rug with Checkerboard Pattern and Post-Modern Style. Vibrant and dynamic, this hand knotted wool vintage Berber Moroccan rug features cubism style and an abstract art design. The vintage Moroccan rug features alternating blocks of red and pink form an all-over checkerboard pattern which represents the barley, a fertility symbol.