6'8" x 11' Vintage Moroccan Rug
- Size: 6'8" x 11'
- Color: Red, Blue, Grey, Purple, Pink
- Stock Number: 20780
- Vintage Moroccan Rug, Berber Moroccan Rug with Vibrant Postmodern Style. This hand-knotted wool vintage Moroccan rug features an all-over chevron herringbone pattern spread across an abrashed field. The tribal symbols of diamonds, chevrons, and X-shapes present in the central area are usually thought to symbolize womanhood and fertility, while the comb-like format is seen to ward off evil. The columns of crenelated bands along the sides traditionally represent snakes, which are seen as a male motif. In Moroccan rugs, male motifs often appear on the outer portions of the composition, framing and enclosing the female motifs. This presentation can be seen as symbolizing fertility, as well as protection and the sanctuary of the family. This depth of meaning presented in a bold, energetic form is what make Moroccan rugs such as this one such wonderful additions to contemporary interiors. This vintage Moroccan rug would be sure to enliven any space, particularly one inspired by the Bauhaus Movement. Rendered in variegated shades of red, ruby red, scarlet red, raspberry red, wine, coral, gray, greige, lavender, periwinkle, amethyst, cerulean, orange, peach, pale celadon, sand, tan, and beige. Abrash. Hand-knotted wool. Made in Morocco. Berber Tribes of Morocco.
Returns for Online Sales
- You must return an item in the same condition as it was received including original tags.
- Return freight and insurance are the responsibility of the customer.
- Returns for refund (excluding shipping and handling charges) or exchange are accepted within:
- 10 days of delivery for non-promotional sales
- 3 days of delivery for promotional sales
- Rug pads are not eligible for refund.
- If you are returning your rug from outside the US, you may be responsible for taxes and duties upon arrival in the US and to our warehouse. We are unable to estimate how much this might be, as prices will vary by country.
3'1" x 5'6" Vintage Moroccan Rug
- Size: 3'1" x 5'6"
- Colors: Pink, Red
- Stock Number: 74783
- Vintage Berber Moroccan Boujad Rug with Checkerboard Pattern and Post-Modern Style. Vibrant and dynamic, this hand knotted wool vintage Berber Moroccan rug features cubism style and an abstract art design. The vintage Moroccan rug features alternating blocks of red and pink form an all-over checkerboard pattern which represents the barley, a fertility symbol.