7'10" x 10' Vintage Kilim Rug
- Size: 7'10" x 10'
- Colors: Orange, Green, Blue
- Stock Number: 20800
- Vintage Moroccan Zemmour Berber Kilim Area Rug with Bohemian Tribal Style. This hand-woven wool vintage Moroccan Zemmour Berber Kilim rug features an all-over geometric pattern. It beautifully displays three wide bands separated by four stripes with repeating Elibelinde motifs. The middle row displays a large X-shape in the center surrounded by additional bands with symbolic motifs creating an expansion effect. The middle row is flanked by two rows composed of repeating V-shapes. It is enclosed with a border of repeating X-shapes flanked by inner and outer zigzag border stripes. Though deceptively simple, this Classic design is steeped in ancient Berber Moroccan tradition. The tribal symbols of Elibelinde, diamonds, X-shapes, and V-Shapes are usually thought to symbolize womanhood, conception, fertility, pregnancy, and protection. The Classic Elibelinde motif, also known as the “hands on hips” or goddess motif, is thought to represent motherhood and fertility while ram’s horns represent masculinity and power. The fertility bereket motifs that appear combine the symbols of both man and woman, often referred to as ram’s Horn and hands-on-hips motifs, into one design with a diamond in the centre. In Moroccan rugs, male motifs often appear on the outer portions of the composition, framing and enclosing the female motifs. This presentation can be seen as symbolizing fertility, as well as protection and the sanctuary of the family. Blending primitive charm, ancient symbolism and Folk-Art warmth, this vintage Moroccan kilim rug reflects generations of cultural beliefs and serves many design purposes. Abrash. Hand-woven and hand-embroidered flat-weave kilim rug. Made in Morocco. Zemmour Tribe. Berber Tribes of Morocco.
Returns for Online Sales
- You must return an item in the same condition as it was received including original tags.
- Return freight and insurance are the responsibility of the customer.
- Returns for refund (excluding shipping and handling charges) or exchange are accepted within:
- 10 days of delivery for non-promotional sales
- 3 days of delivery for promotional sales
- Rug pads are not eligible for refund.
- If you are returning your rug from outside the US, you may be responsible for taxes and duties upon arrival in the US and to our warehouse. We are unable to estimate how much this might be, as prices will vary by country.
PREMIUM RUG PAD
3'1" x 5'6" Vintage Moroccan Rug
- Size: 3'1" x 5'6"
- Colors: Pink, Red
- Stock Number: 74783
- Vintage Berber Moroccan Boujad Rug with Checkerboard Pattern and Post-Modern Style. Vibrant and dynamic, this hand knotted wool vintage Berber Moroccan rug features cubism style and an abstract art design. The vintage Moroccan rug features alternating blocks of red and pink form an all-over checkerboard pattern which represents the barley, a fertility symbol.