6'2" x 13'4" Vintage Moroccan Rug
- Size: 6'2" x 13'4"
- Colors: Beige, Brown
- Stock Number: 74733
- Vintage Beni Ouarain rugs, like this one, have the ability to connect the nomadic Berber tribe history with todays modern interiors. Woven primarily by the Berber women, these thick and plush piled rugs offer protection against the winter cold in the Atlas Mountains of Morocco. This vintage Beni Ouarain (Beni Ourain) Moroccan rug was made in the 1940s from 100% sheep wool. An ivory-beige field with black and brown lines creates an overall lozenge pattern that can perfectly tie together an eclectic home decor. Featuring tribal motifs enclosed in the diamonds, this rug also serves as an amulet function. The Berber women incorporate design elements from their personal experience into the rugs designs. The symbols are usually references to events and aspects of their daily life such as beliefs, birth, fertility, nature, femininity, life and spirituality. Some believed that the rugs could even ward off evil spirits so naturally, they incorporated designs such as diamonds and lucky charms to ward off the evil spirits and bring luck, prosperity and protection. With its soft and deep pile, this Moroccan rug is just what you want under your feet no matter the temperature!
Returns for Online Sales
- You must return an item in the same condition as it was received including original tags.
- Return freight and insurance are the responsibility of the customer.
- Returns for refund (excluding shipping and handling charges) or exchange are accepted within:
- 10 days of delivery for non-promotional sales
- 3 days of delivery for promotional sales
- Rug pads are not eligible for refund.
- If you are returning your rug from outside the US, you may be responsible for taxes and duties upon arrival in the US and to our warehouse. We are unable to estimate how much this might be, as prices will vary by country.
PREMIUM RUG PAD
3'1" x 5'6" Vintage Moroccan Rug
- Size: 3'1" x 5'6"
- Colors: Pink, Red
- Stock Number: 74783
- Vintage Berber Moroccan Boujad Rug with Checkerboard Pattern and Post-Modern Style. Vibrant and dynamic, this hand knotted wool vintage Berber Moroccan rug features cubism style and an abstract art design. The vintage Moroccan rug features alternating blocks of red and pink form an all-over checkerboard pattern which represents the barley, a fertility symbol.