5'9" x 7'8" Vintage Moroccan Rug
- Size: 5'9" x 7'8"
- Colors: Red, Yellow, Brown
- Stock Number: 20890
- Vintage red Beni M'Guild Carpet, Berber Moroccan rug with Modern Tribal style. Featuring a luminous fiery glow, rich waves of abrash, and luxury underfoot, this hand knotted wool vintage red Moroccan Beni M'Guild rug is bursting with chromatic brilliancy and emotional energy. Lacking a written language, the Berber Tribe weavers created pieces rich in symbolism and history to document their everyday existence. A series of small triangles form the main diamond lattice that unite and resemble an hourglass shape, a traditional reference to the female form. This Beni Mguild rug is heavily ornamented with diamond shapes, which represent a woman's openness to conceive and the power of womanhood. Some of the lozenges are filled with the Burdock motif with latch-hook edges are protection symbols and meant to capture evil spirits. The vertical borders along the sides represent the male's presence. In Moroccan rugs, male motifs often appear on the outer portions of the composition, framing and enclosing the female motifs. This presentation can be seen as symbolizing fertility, as well as protection and the sanctuary of the family. Though deceptively simple, this beautiful red Moroccan rug is clearly laced with meaning and cultural significance. Rendered in variegated shades of red, ruby red, scarlet red, crimson, orange, coffee, taupe, and charcoal. Beni Mguild Tribe. Berber Tribes of Morocco. Abrash. Hand knotted wool. Made in Morocco.
Returns for Online Sales
- You must return an item in the same condition as it was received including original tags.
- Return freight and insurance are the responsibility of the customer.
- Returns for refund (excluding shipping and handling charges) or exchange are accepted within:
- 10 days of delivery for non-promotional sales
- 3 days of delivery for promotional sales
- Rug pads are not eligible for refund.
- If you are returning your rug from outside the US, you may be responsible for taxes and duties upon arrival in the US and to our warehouse. We are unable to estimate how much this might be, as prices will vary by country.
PREMIUM RUG PAD
3'1" x 5'6" Vintage Moroccan Rug
- Size: 3'1" x 5'6"
- Colors: Pink, Red
- Stock Number: 74783
- Vintage Berber Moroccan Boujad Rug with Checkerboard Pattern and Post-Modern Style. Vibrant and dynamic, this hand knotted wool vintage Berber Moroccan rug features cubism style and an abstract art design. The vintage Moroccan rug features alternating blocks of red and pink form an all-over checkerboard pattern which represents the barley, a fertility symbol.