6'1" x 10' Vintage Moroccan Rug
- Size: 6'1" x 10'
- Colors: Orange, Red, Yellow
- Stock Number: 20604
- Vintage Berber Moroccan Rug with Tribal Vibes and Mid-Century Modern Style. This hand-knotted wool vintage Berber Moroccan rug is especially distinctive as it features a geometric pattern in the background and solid color in the foreground. The diamond pattern peeks out from behind the gradient strokes of fiery red and burning orange. Smaller diamonds woven in yellow and white are housed inside of larger diamonds that make up the primary pattern. The diamond is known, in Ancient Berber rug-making, to be a symbol used for predicting a pregnancy. The motif of reproduction and femininity is one frequently seen in Berber pieces. Although it is a bit more difficult to make out, there are symbols hidden in the border of this piece. On one vertical side, “X” shapes are used, which is known to symbolize the open arms and legs of a woman who is ready to conceive. On the other vertical side, there is a repeated “V” shape which symbolizes the woman’s opened thighs. The rug has a black border which surrounds all four sides of the piece, tying the entirety of the piece together. Though deceptively simple, this beautiful red Moroccan rug is clearly laced with meaning and cultural significance. Berber Tribes of Morocco. Abrash. Hand-knotted. Made in Morocco.
Returns for Online Sales
- You must return an item in the same condition as it was received including original tags.
- Return freight and insurance are the responsibility of the customer.
- Returns for refund (excluding shipping and handling charges) or exchange are accepted within:
- 10 days of delivery for non-promotional sales
- 3 days of delivery for promotional sales
- Rug pads are not eligible for refund.
- If you are returning your rug from outside the US, you may be responsible for taxes and duties upon arrival in the US and to our warehouse. We are unable to estimate how much this might be, as prices will vary by country.
3'1" x 5'6" Vintage Moroccan Rug
- Size: 3'1" x 5'6"
- Colors: Pink, Red
- Stock Number: 74783
- Vintage Berber Moroccan Boujad Rug with Checkerboard Pattern and Post-Modern Style. Vibrant and dynamic, this hand knotted wool vintage Berber Moroccan rug features cubism style and an abstract art design. The vintage Moroccan rug features alternating blocks of red and pink form an all-over checkerboard pattern which represents the barley, a fertility symbol.