3'7" x 6'4" Vintage Sivas Rug
- Size: 03'07 x 06'04
- Colors: Green, Red, Blue, Yellow, Beige
- Stock Number: 51925
This hand-knotted wool distressed vintage Turkish Sivas rug features large cabbage rose motifs spread across an abrashed striped checkerboard field. Adopted by Turkish, Caucasian, and Persian rug-weavers from European designs, such as those of the Savonnerie rug workshops in France, the cabbage rose motif depicts a naturalistic overhead view of large roses in full bloom. In this particular Sivas rug, the bouquets of roses have an especially painterly appearance, though with well-defined petals and leaves. The field is composed of alternating vertically and horizontally striped squares, creating a striking optical effect, resembling antique parquet flooring or Belgian brickwork. The contrast between the lush floral designs and this graphic backdrop gives the piece a forward-looking feel, striking the perfect balance between tradition and contemporary aesthetics. With its soft washed-out colors and just the right amount of age-wear, this Zeki Muren-inspired vintage Turkish Sivas rug would add style and a bit of maximalist romance to any interior. Rendered in variegated shades of camel, ecru, tan, beige, taupe, navy blue, cerulean, saffron, goldenrod, dark green, olive, army green, sienna, and black. Perfect for a hall or entry, galley kitchen, hallway, corridor, living room, bedroom, bathroom, library, den, family room, mudroom, study, office, sitting room, foyer and entryway. Well-suited for a wide range of interior styles: Traditional, Transitional, Eclectic, Modern, Contemporary, Industrial, Rustic, Lodge, Cabin, Cottage, Bungalow, Farmhouse, Empire, Arts & Crafts, Craftsman, Tudor, Jacobean, Colonial Revival, Expressionist, Jazz Age, Art Deco, Pre-War, Mid-Century Modern, Hollywood Regency, English Country, French Provincial, Swedish Farmhouse, Shabby Chic, Romantic, Bohemian, Boho Chic, Ethnic, Primitive and Tribal. Distressed. Abrash. Desirable Age Wear. Hand-knotted wool. Made in Turkey. Measures: 03’07 x 06’04.
Returns for Online Sales
- You must return an item in the same condition as it was received including original tags.
- Return freight and insurance are the responsibility of the customer.
- Returns for refund (excluding shipping and handling charges) or exchange are accepted within:
- 10 days of delivery for non-promotional sales
- 3 days of delivery for promotional sales
- Rug pads are not eligible for refund.
- If you are returning your rug from outside the US, you may be responsible for taxes and duties upon arrival in the US and to our warehouse. We are unable to estimate how much this might be, as prices will vary by country.
PREMIUM RUG PAD
3'1" x 5'6" Vintage Moroccan Rug
- Size: 3'1" x 5'6"
- Colors: Pink, Red
- Stock Number: 74783
- Vintage Berber Moroccan Boujad Rug with Checkerboard Pattern and Post-Modern Style. Vibrant and dynamic, this hand knotted wool vintage Berber Moroccan rug features cubism style and an abstract art design. The vintage Moroccan rug features alternating blocks of red and pink form an all-over checkerboard pattern which represents the barley, a fertility symbol.