3'2" x 5' Vintage Kilim Rug
- Size: 3'2" x 5'
- Colors: Beige, White
- Stock Number: 20831
- Vintage Moroccan Wedding Blanket, Berber Tamizart Handira with Original Cape Ties. This hand-woven wool vintage Moroccan Wedding Blanket also known as a Berber Tamizart Handira features rows of fluffy fringe embellished with paillette sequins. The underside of this vintage Handira blanket displays kilim bands on a black backdrop with yellow and red accent colors. These bands are linked back to the flat-weave kilims of the region. This particular Moroccan Handira still has the two ties attached- it was worn by the bride as a cape. The ties on the Handira Tamizart secure it around the bride's shoulders for warmth during the ride to her new home. Generally woven by the bride's family members, these Moroccan Handiras are symbolic textiles infused with the Baraka to bestow blessings. Moroccan wedding blankets are believed to keep away evil spirits, bring good luck to the new married couple, and bequeath fertility. The depth of meaning presented in this cream-colored, sequin adorned cherished textile is what make Moroccan Handira wedding blankets wonderful additions to nearly any interior. Commonly used as a couch throw blanket and seen as a tapestry, wall hanging, bed coverlet, headboard or rug. Romantic bohemian design combined with the soft, neutral colors and a hint of sparkle from the sequins create a tastefully casual style draped in texture with a dash of glamour. Rendered in variegated shades of beige, flax, oatmeal, almond, macadamia, cream, vanilla, coffee, and black with accents of tangerine, royal blue, green, and red. Hand-crafted textile. High and Low Texture Rug. Abrash. Hand-embroidered paillette sequins. Hand-woven wool and cotton. Made in Morocco. Berber Tribes of Morocco.
Returns for Online Sales
- You must return an item in the same condition as it was received including original tags.
- Return freight and insurance are the responsibility of the customer.
- Returns for refund (excluding shipping and handling charges) or exchange are accepted within:
- 10 days of delivery for non-promotional sales
- 3 days of delivery for promotional sales
- Rug pads are not eligible for refund.
- If you are returning your rug from outside the US, you may be responsible for taxes and duties upon arrival in the US and to our warehouse. We are unable to estimate how much this might be, as prices will vary by country.
PREMIUM RUG PAD
3'1" x 5'6" Vintage Moroccan Rug
- Size: 3'1" x 5'6"
- Colors: Pink, Red
- Stock Number: 74783
- Vintage Berber Moroccan Boujad Rug with Checkerboard Pattern and Post-Modern Style. Vibrant and dynamic, this hand knotted wool vintage Berber Moroccan rug features cubism style and an abstract art design. The vintage Moroccan rug features alternating blocks of red and pink form an all-over checkerboard pattern which represents the barley, a fertility symbol.